A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Provides exceptional customer service to guests interested in a bowling experience at The Meritage Resort.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Greets guests and provides assistance regarding the bowling facility. Accepts reservations, assigns lanes, and manages the waitlist.
- Distributes shoes to guests, cleans them after use, and maintains organized shoe storage area.
- Monitors activity on the bowling lanes to ensure safe use by guests. Proactively provides assistance when machinery not operating properly or guests need assistance with operations.
- Handles cash, charge, room and credit card transactions accurately and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintains and balances bank to include cash handling and closing out.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Maintains the cleanliness of the bowling lanes by using specified machinery and chemicals as instructed. Maintains overall cleanliness of area by removing waste, clearing and cleaning guest and dining areas.
- Provides bar food menu and answers food preparation questions. Serves food and beverages to guests in a timely manner, based on service expectations. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
- Ensures minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Provide guests a high entertainment experience, while maintaining a professional distance and staying alert to their needs.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Prior customer service experience desired.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS and other computer systems used at the hotel.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plateware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot food trays and plateware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests. Many aromas and smells are present in the bowling and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. Occasionally transports food or trays while walking. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job and assist guests with reading their menu. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working inside. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the bowling and dining areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, machinery used to clean bowling lanes/equipment, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plateware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the bowling and dining areas. (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily).
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity M/F/V/D and e-verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.