Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive first impression on guests in the Restaurant and Lobby Lounge through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices in all F&B outlets; maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, deliver a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests, providing Shangri-La hospitality from caring people with presence, style and personality.
- Greet and seat guests in the Lobby Lounge and Restaurant, and as true service Ambassadors, meets service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards.
- Receive guest reservations, verify in-house guests, maintain seating chart and attend to other service needs, as appropriate.
- Advise colleagues of guest special occasions, unique celebrations, concerns for allergies or other service needs which require special attention, once known.
- Resolve food or beverage quality and service complaints at earliest and first point of customer contact, advising the Manager, as appropriate and ultimately providing outstanding customer service.
- Provide assistance to other F&B colleagues, when needed and undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
- Update the customer database in a complete and accurate way.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Customer Service Excellence – Exceptional service style, genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Communication – Excellent communication and social skills, 100% fluency in English with impeccable standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt, fair and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS and Reservations systems (OpenTable).
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Upscale lounge or luxury level service knowledge and training.
- Minimum 2 year previous work experience in a similar capacity.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays on a rotational basis, with advance notice.
- Current Smart Serve certification.