Bluefin Grille Cocktail Server
Providence Marriott Downtown
Location: US - RI - Providence
May 9, 2017
Human Resources Director
One Orms Street
Providence, RI, US 02904
Providence, RI, US 02904
- To effectively promote & sell the Bluefin beverages & menu & provide an outstanding service experience for our guests.
- Greet guests upon arrival and make them feel welcome.
- Accurately take all beverage and food orders
- Place orders with the bar and kitchen by placing them in the Micro’s computer system
- Speak in front of groups. (i.e. Describing specials and suggesting beverages)
- Answer all questions about all served cocktails and all cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of all menu items.
- Check beverages and food to ensure that appearance, temperature and portions are correct
- Deliver the beverage and food orders in a timely fashion
- Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest following standard procedures
- Collect payment form the guest and make accurate change as necessary
- Clean, clear and re-set the lounge tables
- Clean and re-stock all service items and complete side-work checklists.
- Assist in seating and greeting the guest.
- Answer the Bluefin telephone as needed.
- Assist with room service order taking and deliver as needed.
- Absolute commitment to improved Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Attendance as scheduled is required
- Assist in seating & greeting the guest.
- Answering the Bluefin phone as needed
- Assist with In Room Dining order taking & delivery as needed
- One-year experience in a high volume or fine dining restaurant or hospitality environment
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Professional and friendly hospitality skills.
- Practice food safe handling procedures
- Able to multi-task and organize multiple thoughts, and tasks within the same given time
- Knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages
- TIPs certification or other alcohol serves safe certification is required
- Ability to work with the Micro’s computer system
Physical Job Requirements:
- Bending & lifting food trays of up to 40#
- Able to carry fully stocked beverage trays & cold & hot food items
- Continually moving at a fast pace
- Continuous standing for the full shift
- Able to climb stairs.
To apply for this position, please enter this link into your web browser: http://www.pleaseapplyonline.com/providence/
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.