Bluefin Grille Bartender
Providence Marriott Downtown
Location: US - RI - Providence
Providence, RI, US 02904
- To effectively promote and sell the Bluefin menu and provide an outstanding service experience to our guests.
Essential Functions: (Include but are not limited to the following:)
- Attendance as scheduled is required.
- Greet guests upon arrival and make them feel welcome.
- Accurate take all food and beverage orders.
- Place orders with the kitchen and bar by placing them in the Micro’s computer system.
- Speak in front of groups. (ie. describing specials.)
- Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of all menu items.
- Check food to ensure that appearance, temperature and portions are correct and deliver the food orders in a timely fashion.
- Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest following standard check handling procedures.
- Collect payment from the guest and make accurate change as necessary.
- Clean, clear and re-set the dining room tables.
- Clean and re-stock all service items and complete side-work checklists.
- Assist in seating and greeting the guest also answering the Bluefin telephone as needed.
- Assist with room service order taking and delivery as needed.
- Two years bartending experience in a high volume or fine dining restaurant or dining facility.
- Effective and clear communication skills.
- Professional and friendly hospitality skills.
- Practice food safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages.
- TIPs certification or other alcohol serves safe certification is required.
- Ability to work with the Micro’s computer system.
- Able to multi-task and organize multiple orders, thoughts, and tasks within the same given time.
- Observation-Bartenders need to sharpen their powers of observation and highly develop their ability to listen.
- Engaging, welcoming, and always “on-stage”. turn guests into friends
- Style and Grace- handling the tools and the small theatrical elements. The sense of confidence should be apparent to all guests the bar.
- Multitasked- A bartender’s skill at being many things to many people is one of the most compelling and challenging aspects of the job. The bartender is a source of information on the day’s events in sports and general news, a glossary of where to dine, drink, and see and be seen.
- Determine the conversation- if it’s welcome and, more generally, why the guest has come and how to make the visit a success.
- Building a drink- Learning the proper way to build a drink is a great way to develop consistency and control.
- Being active at all times– making drinks, restocking, taking inventory, cutting garnishes – can get into high gear a lot faster when it gets busy.
Physical job Requirements:
- Bending and lifting food trays of up to 40 lbs.
- Continually moving at a fast pace.
- Continuous standing for the full shift.
- Able to climb stairs.
- Able to carry hot and cold food items.
To apply for this position, please enter this link into your web browser: http://www.pleaseapplyonline.com/providence/