Bilingual Manager on Duty (Japanese and English)
What will I be doing?
A Bilingual Hotel Manager on Duty (Japanese & English) with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for representing the Executive Office to hotel guests and employees. Handles guest complaints and responds to emergency situations. Inspects hotel and public areas and monitors hotel employees to ensure quality customer service and compliance to all procedures established by management. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Fields guest complaints and questions, conducts thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance needed to resolve problems that may arise. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor. Remains calm and alert especially during heavy hotel activity, working rapidly and effectively under time pressure.
* Monitors hotel staff in all departments to ensure that all procedures are followed as established by management. As necessary, coordinate and/or jointly work with departments to provide problem solving solutions in the most expeditious manner. Utilizes a computer system to access and input information.
* Inspects all physical aspects of the Hotel's appearance on a continual basis in accordance with standards established by hotel management. Inspections require, but are not limited to, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing and kneeling. Immediately reports all safety hazards or items in need of attention to appropriate departments.
* Immediately responds to Hotel emergencies in a calm and effective manner, consistent with the hotel emergency procedure policy. Maintains strong working knowledge of all Hotel emergency procedures, updates, and emergency contacts.
* Handles credit problems, employee conflicts, guest relocation, and rejection of undesirable people in conjunction with hotel security utilizing diplomacy and good judgment.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required. College degree in Travel Industry Management or management related field preferred.
Two years hotel experience in guest services preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Must be able to converse in English and Japanese fluently.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor commission blue (management) card. Ability to obtain certificate of completion for Honolulu Liquor Commission Server-Training program. CPR Certification required. First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Japanese languages skills required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable knowledge of all departments' functionality, hotel facilities/services, as well as city and current events.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers, understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform essential job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and report all significant incidents/accidents in clear English language, applying excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers (some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger), collect accurate information and professionally resolve problems.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from a moderately complex computer system.
- Good hearing and visual ability in order to detect signs of emergency.
- Ability to stand/walk outdoors in weather conditions of varying temperatures, fumes, dampness, and slippery surfaces; bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching and climbing.
- Ability to push/pull a cart/table weighing up to 150 lbs.; grasp, lift to waist and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!