At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum of two years bar and/or beverage management experience.
2. Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
3. Ability to conform with all governmental regulations dealing with the sale & service of alcoholic beverages.
4. Ability to transport, handle and/or lift and move 40 lbs. to a height of 5 feet (NOTE: The transporting, moving, lifting and/or stacking of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages).
5. College degree preferred.
6. Sommelier certification preferred.
7. Fluency using Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook
8. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and literally in English, good working use of Spanish preferred.
1. Keeping the Beverage staff fully informed of any changes and/or information pertinent to their shift.
2. Payroll and gratuity distribution for the Beverage Department.
3. Following upper management guidelines in the overall running of the Beverage Department.
4. Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
5. Personnel procedures including the following: interviewing, hiring, overseeing training, discipline and terminations, within the Beverage Department.
6. Enforcing rules of conduct and discipline in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook.
7. Ensuring that the staff maintains the service standards of the Resort.
8. Delegating authority to accomplish the requirements necessary to fulfill the Beverage Department's needs.
9. Attending weekly Conference Planning meetings.
10. Monitoring overall appearance of the Lounge, Service Bar and Pool Bar.
11. Ordering and keeping inventory on all beverage items.
12. Preparing liquor checks for functions and hospitalities.
13. Assisting with the set-up of any functions or hospitalities when needed.
14. Informing the MOD of any client or staff conflicts or problems.
15. Keeping the lines of communication open between yourself and those staff members who report to you.
16. Adhere to the policies of the property as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
17. Ability to work an evening work schedule on most days.
18. Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
19. Any other task, written or verbal, that is assigned by Management.