A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Provides warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors. Greets arriving and departing guests and assists with luggage and parking. Guides guests to room and explains features of room. Delivers messages, packages, suitcases, etc. Picks up articles for laundry and valet service. Answers questions about the hotel, hotel amenities, and local area attractions. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Greets and opens door for arriving/departing guests and assists with loading/unloading baggage.
- Opens doors and assists guests/visitors entering and leaving property. Monitors and directs personal and commercial vehicle traffic on property, including guest vehicles, taxi cabs, limousines, and buses, to ensure vehicles are legally parked and to maintain a smooth and efficient flow of traffic.
- Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms and explains features of room. Provides information/answers questions about available services and facilities, points of interest, and entertainment attractions. Delivers luggage for arriving guests and picks up luggage of departing guests. Assists with luggage storage.
- Parks vehicles efficiently and properly tags the vehicle with accurate guest information. Maintains security of vehicles and vehicle keys. Communicates parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in
emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Transports guests about premises or local areas in car/van or motorized cart.
- Delivers messages and runs errands. Picks up articles for laundry and valet service. Calls taxi for guests.
- Monitors and maintains safety, security, and cleanliness of parking areas/levels, and reports any vehicles/safety hazards, unauthorized personnel, or potential security problems to the manager/supervisor.
- Posts charges to group accounts according to procedures to ensure any fees are captured correctly.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-to-face interactions as well as proper and careful use of guest vehicles. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required. Requires ability to learn and explain use of internet, telephone systems, voice messaging and other room/hotel amenities of interest to guests.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Requires valid drivers' license in good standing with clean driving record. Requires ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another and frequently runs while valet parking vehicles. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate office equipment and open car doors. The team member occasionally grasps objects such as luggage. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction to load and unload luggage. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member regularly talks when communicating with guests. The team member regularly needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and sounds involved with driving safely. The team member frequently pushes and pulls luggage carts and equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move, load and unload luggage and equipment. Exerts up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as luggage. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console and computer terminal. The team member is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities.
The team member is usually subject to environmental conditions found working outdoors and occasionally works indoors. Exposed to weather conditions such as wind, rain, cold and hot climate temperatures while working outside. The noise level is moderate. The team member is subject to hazards which include a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving vehicles and electrical current found in office machinery. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, fumes, gases, odors, or dusts. (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.