Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Bellperson greets and assists guests, taking care of luggage, running errands and delivering items in safe and efficient manner.In some circumstances, the Bellpersonmay also be assigned van driver duties or other responsibilities. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet and open doors for guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- By hand or use of baggage carts, transfer luggage and packages to and from rooms, vehicles and/or loading areas.
- Issue claim checks when requested to store guest luggage/items. Return guest luggage/items upon receipt of claim checks.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services and in-house events, etc. Provide guests information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Maintain and clean the designated lobby station and baggage room; standing ready to assist guests. Clean and maintain baggage carts.
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
- Keep lobby doors and windows clean when not busy with guests.
- May clean, inspect and maintain hotel vehicles. May perform pick-ups and drop-offs at airport and/or local areas.
- Foster good relations with the car rental companies, taxi services, tour and travel companies, limo services, etc. to provide the maximum level of quality service.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience: High school education or related experience. A driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive may be required. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Knowledge of hotel and the city. Ability to understand and provide friendly and proper guest service. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills. Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Physical work is a primary part of job.
- Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with cleaning supplies, equipment and machines.
- The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment.
- Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write.
- The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
The Westin Chicago North Shore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free Workplace. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.Benefits
Westin offers renewing benefits and career opportunities