The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality, exceptional value and unmatched location to create a unique best-in-class experience for our guests. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights neighborhood in Washington D.C. within the completely renovated and rejuvenated Chevy Chase Pavilion, the Embassy Suites provides an unmatched combination of service and amenities. From the hotel's partnerships with Top Chef Bryan Voltaggio and Range restaurant and the Civil Cigar Lounge to direct access to some of Washington's most exclusive shopping, the Embassy Suites offers more for every guest. Positioned directly atop the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites location, creates the perfect experience for guests in town for business, pleasure or a healthy combination of both.
The Embassy Suites completed a $9.75 million renovation in mid-2014 that transformed the property into a boutique level, metropolitan location offering a new lobby bar service, expanded seating and gathering areas, enhanced public spaces and two levels of premium suites. The combination of completely new product with Two Road Hospitality's commitment to internal growth and promotion make the Embassy Suites a top employer in the market. We hold ourselves to the same level of commitment we ask our team members so that all efforts are recognized and supported providing opportunities for advancement both locally and throughout our extensive collection of hotels and resorts.
Job OverviewYou will be the first to welcome and the last to encourage the return of all guests and visitors. You will provide assistance with luggage and transportation needs and connect our customers with distinctively different and unscripted discoveries throughout their stay.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests anticipate their needs and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Interact with and entertain our guests
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Escort arriving guests, provide history tours of resort and orientations to the guestrooms
- Share stories of personal experiences and provide recommendations brochures, maps and collateral on guest activities, attractions and places of interest.
- Coordinate guest requests, reservations and miscellaneous tasks as required
- Assist guests with transportation needs
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles
- Valid (state) driver’s license.
- Good driving record.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and driving all types of vehicles.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and has an impeccable driving history.