Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewYou will be the first to welcome and the last to encourage the return of all guests and visitors. You will provide assistance with luggage and transportation needs and connect our customers with distinctively different and unscripted discoveries throughout their stay.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests anticipate their needs and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Interact with and entertain our guests
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Escort arriving guests, provide history tours of resort and orientations to the guestrooms
- Share stories of personal experiences and provide recommendations brochures, maps and collateral on guest activities, attractions and places of interest.
- Coordinate guest requests, reservations and miscellaneous tasks as required
- Assist guests with transportation needs
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles
- Valid (state) driver’s license.
- Good driving record.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and driving all types of vehicles.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and has an impeccable driving history.