Valet/Bellman Job Description
The Andrew Hotel is currently hiring for a valet/bellman. This position is an entry level position, and is full time. The hours would be mostly overnights with some afternoon into late evenings.
This position would be ideal for a candidate looking to transition into the hospitality field whether it be from another field, or to gain experience in the hospitality industry.
Through professional knowledge, demeanor and an enthusiastic attitude the Valet/Bellman will establish an excellent level of service required to provide all Hotel guests with an exceptional first impression of the property. The Valet/Bellman will explain the services that they can offer, and assist the guest with any questions they may have. Their mission is to exceed any expectations that our guests may have & provide professional guest service at all times.
1. Greet guests, offer assistance with check-in/check-out, deliver laundry and store luggage. Knowing the complete hotel facilities and layout in order to escort guests to and from their rooms, explaining in the proper dialogue, all in-room amenities, emergency procedures and the general hotel facilities. Delivering of flowers, packages, gifts, amenities, messages and parcels as directed by the day's priorities.
2. Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way radio.
3. Responsible valet parking service. Thoroughly inspecting every guest car that comes on the property every time it comes on the property.
4. Assist with the activities such as calling a taxi company for a guest or giving directions when asked.
5. Report and/or follow-up on any complaints, problems a guest may experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality guest experience.