Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Drive, park and retrieve guest/visitor vehicles as they arrive and depart from the hotel, courteously, safely and efficiently according to the hotel’s standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of:
- Scheduled daily activities.
- Daily arrivals/departures, house count.
- Features and services provided by the hotel.
- Hours of operation of each outlet.
- Parking facilities, layout, hours of operation, prices and procedures.
- Direct attention to Door Person to receive signals.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return.
- Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles.
- Provide legible claim tickets to guests for their luggage.
- Take possession of and park vehicle.
- Document location of vehicles parked in parking facility.
- Ensure security of vehicle and its keys.
- Date/time stamp vehicle parking ticket and file.
- Check with the Supervisor or Valet Parking Cashier for further parking needs or next assignment.
- Remain at assigned post while not parking vehicles.
- Hold vehicles at hotel entrance areas. Ensure that all driveways are kept clear; that vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document phone requests for retrieving vehicles as specified; record time of completion.
- Receive vehicle claim ticket from guest and ensure proper validation; relay validation/payment procedures to guest. Follow department procedures for retrieving a vehicle without a guest claim ticket.
- Retrieve guest vehicle keys from secured location and retrieve guest's vehicle from parking facility.
- Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets. Open vehicle doors, assist guest into the vehicle and close doors.
- Upon request from guest, wash vehicles, dispense gas or oil.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquires regarding destinations within the local area.
- Monitor all parking areas/levels; report any vehicle/safety hazards; unauthorized personnel or potential security problems to Manager.
- Follow designated procedures for vehicle accidents, breakdowns and incidents.
- Graveyard shift: Complete nightly audit of parked vehicles with parking claim tickets, resolve discrepancies and submit list for charges to be posted by Night Auditor.
- Graveyard shift: Reorganize vehicles in parking facilities and keys to prepare for the following day’s parking business.
- Valid (state) driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record to meet our company insurance standards.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, mornings, nights and holidays
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and driving all drivetrains of vehicles.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and has an impeccable driving history.
- This role will also be expected to assist in valet, bell and door as needed.