Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates Bell Persons, Door Persons and Drivers ensuring that all procedures are performed to the hotel's standards. Performs the daily responsibilities of these positions and assists where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests/visitors.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals.
- Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all posting positions are maintained.
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands.
- Document any late or absent employees.
- Schedule and assign staff breaks.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each employee (arrivals/departures, group functions, etc).
- Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities.
- Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to the rotation sequence.
- Answer Bell Desk telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document guest calls/requests for Bell Person assistance.
- Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys issued to Bell/Door Staff.
- Monitor and ensure that Bell/Door Staff perform their job functions to the hotel's expected level of service.
- Assist Bell/Door Staff whenever necessary in performing all job functions.
- Conduct a number of week formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Coordinate group luggage requirements.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs and distribute to Engineering.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, Bell Desk and luggage storage areas.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records and tip distributions.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the log book daily.
- Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff annually.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- Valid (state) drivers license.
- Good driving record.
- Has prior experience as Bell Person.
- Thorough knowledge of hotel services and amenities.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic.
- Provide legible communication and directions.