Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
POSITION START DATE: January 2017
BASIC FUNCTION: Bell persons are responsible for the transportation of guests and assisting with the Bell Desk functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must not have more then 4 points on his/her driving record.
- Must have current Florida Driver License.
- Meet governmental requirements for operation of motor vehicles for the transportation of passengers according to Title 49 code of federal regulations.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (Note: Loading and unloading luggage out of vans, busses, etc., and delivery to and from guest rooms).
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Opening doors for guests or personnel.
- Room deliveries.
- Organize and store luggage as necessary in designated areas. Assist guest service agent with storage when directed by supervisor.
- Pick up and dispose of trash, newspapers, and cigarette butts in lobby and exterior areas. Assist F&B by returning glassware and dishware. Assist housekeeping with broom or rag clean up and trash emptying as needed. Maintain lobby furniture order and cleanliness.
- Handling luggage for guests.
- Using proper care in driving procedures.
- Reporting any accidents and tickets received to your manager and Human Resources immediately.
- Special deliveries or errands.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and aid giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, etc.
- Handle all guest requests and questions in an efficient manner.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintaining the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Promptly answer telephone calls with a smile, cheerfully and professionally, speaking proper English, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct name and extension and re-verify for clarification. Must adhere to company standard greeting procedures. Must use guest name according to standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
- Must obtain a 39-month Motor Vehicle Report every six months.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage and push and direct a loaded bell cart.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V