Emerald Lake Lodge
Location: CA - BC - Field
Looking for an amazing place to work and play in the Canadian Rockies? Come join our family! Emerald Lake Lodge in Field, British Columbia is looking for a Bell Person. Subsidised staff accommodations, meal plan, career growth opportunities, employee benefits and lots of other perks such as staff events and activities, Ski/Snowboard pass discounts, lodge and restaurant discounts and more.
Department: Front Office
Report to: Front Office Manager
Hours: As required
Objective: To ensure that service is provided to guests upon their arrival and departure to act as a central point of contact for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information about the local area, attractions and activities to our guests.
- Greet all guests upon entering the main lobby.
- Provide information about all CRMR lodges to our current and future guests.
- Answer the telephone at the front desk when agents are busy or on break
- Responsible for booking tours, airport transfers and taxi's for guests.
- May provide return transportation for our guests from the Lodge to downtown, under the direction of the FOM
- Assisting the Housing Manager with staff pick up's and drop offs at staff accommodation when required, under direction from the FOM
- Responsible for arranging room drops and completing all room drops on time.
- Assist food and beverage with seating guests when needed.
- Assist guests with luggage
- Meet with representatives of local attractions and tours to stay current on all options and keep all staff aware of changes.
- Keep the brochure rack fully stocked.
- Keep the Bellman Desk and area clean and tidy.
- Keep the lobby and lounge area clean and tidy, this will involve cleaning windows, sweeping/mopping floors and dusting.
- Empty hotel ashtrays 3 times a day.
- Snow removal from the main entrance and walkway beside the Wainwright (seasonal).
- Input of rooming lists.
- Help out with check in's and check outs when busy.
- Assist with Incoming/Outgoing dry cleaning
- Any other duties as required
- Perform Front Office duties as required; including room reservations (by phone, e-mail, fax and in person)
- Execute all guest request/issues as they arise in a timely fashion- ensuring that the guest requests are met and relevant information passed on to the day shift.
- Help guests stock fire wood and assist with starting fires in guests rooms when requested.
- Keep parking lots and grounds of the hotel garbage free.
- Sweep walkway to the Front Desk and keep the hotel entrances clean.
- Must have a valid class 4 driver's license and CLEAN abstract (driving record).
- Professional appearance and personality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good phone etiquette.
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Experience in similar position an asset
- Must have keyboarding skills
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Opera knowledge an asset
- Must have the ability to work independently and remain calm in the event of emergency situations arise
Benefits : Gratuities, subsidised staff accommodation, meal plan and lo