New York-New York City
Entry Level Position?
Work Permit Needed?
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues.
The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition.
Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas and Seattle.
The Bell/Door attendant position is responsible for welcoming guests in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner and providing the guest with a positive first impression. Bell/Door attendant position will maintain ownership of the entire entry and lobby area, ensuring all guests needs have been met and the environment is up to the standards of a luxury hotel. He/she is also responsible for providing assistance into and out of the hotel as well as assisting with transportation needs. Open doors for guests, load and unload guest luggage into/from vehicles, transport luggage to/from the lobby, assist in obtaining transportation for guests, courteously provide assistance in retrieving guest vehicles as guest arrive and depart from the hotel, assisting with the check-in/check-out processes and miscellaneous guest requests. Responsible for providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout.
- Greet arriving guests/bid farewell to departing guests.
- Open hotel entrance doors.
- Assist guests into and out of their vehicles.Check vehicle for damage.
- Communicate parking procedures and prices to guests.
- Direct traffic of vehicles at hotel entrance and be mindful of bus traffic and bus passengers.
- Hold vehicles at hotel entrance areas in accordance to department policy and procedures. Ensure front drive is kept clear; vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.Report any vehicle/safety hazards or potential security problems to front office leadership
- Secure taxis/ transportation for guests.
- Recording taxi information for all guest transport.
- Receive vehicle claim ticket from guest and ensure proper validation; relay validation; payment procedures to guest as required.Follow department procedures for retrieving a vehicle without a guest claim ticket.
- Provide assistance to valet parkers when necessary.Ensure security of vehicles and keys.Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets.
- Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services and amenities (hours/concepts of outlets, menu offerings, fitness facilities, etc.).
- Explain features of the room including operation of in-room technology (including tablet system), lighting, minibar and location of amenities.
- Inspect guest’s room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
- Butler assistance: packing and unpacking as requested by the guest.
- Accommodate guest requests for additional items to be delivered to the room.
- Provide departure assistance/escort in a timely manner.
- Ascertain guest satisfaction with their stay.
- Communicate with front desk regarding departure times/details for guests.
- Transport guest luggage from point of arrival at the hotel to the assigned room.
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from room to point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist guests with loading/unloading of luggage into and out of vehicles.
- Assist in locating guest’s lost luggage.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from the holding room.
- Provide legible claim tickets to guests for their luggage in accordance with departmental standards.
- Deliver newspapers to guest rooms during overnight shift in appropriate packaging.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries regarding destinations within local area, whether on paper map or mobile phone application.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Event support: luggage, package, trunk and equipment assistance.
- Group support: luggage, package, trunk and equipment assistance.
- Assist handicapped guests with wheelchairs and other aiding equipment.
- Maintain positive guest relations and execute/relay all requests made by the guests of the hotel to LQA standards as specified by Leading Hotels of the World.
- Handle guests complaints following the problem resolution procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Perform any dog walking services as requested by guests.
- Complete errands/deliveries for guests as needed including off property deliveries.
- Assist guest services agents and personal assistants with guest requests and services.
- Answer front desk and guest services phones when necessary during busy times.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Assisting house person(s) with room deliveries.
- Assisting with IT/Engineering requests when needed for guests.
- Assisting with snow clearing of front drive and entryway.
- Actively practice hospitality at all times approaching all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend daily stand up, and any departmental meetings and general sessions as needed.
- Complete daily shift checklist in timely and thorough manner and submit to manager on duty for review.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Review Front Office and Trace File daily.
- Practice radio etiquette at all times.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and special promotions at the hotel.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel’s amenities to in-house or potential guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and organization of all work areas rectify/report any defects and safety hazards to front office leadership or concerned department.
- Successfully complete all training certifications during initial training and beyond.
- High School Graduate.
- Experience in hospitality industry in similar position, luxury property preferable.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to communicate in English, verbally and written, with guests and fellow associates.
- Ability to provide directions.
- Knowledge of New York Metropolitan area and public transit systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, evenings and overnights.
- Ability to work overnight five (5) shifts per week as required if selected as overnight agent and two (2) shifts per week as required if selected as relief overnight agent.
- Ability to train, understand and work with Opera, HotSOS and other hotel software.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- Ability to drive all vehicle types.
- Excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
- Previous position where driving skills were exercised.
- Ability to interact with guests effectively and in a courteous manner.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide empowered responses.
- Ability to focus on guest’s needs.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in full uniform.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post when required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle different tasks at the same time.
- Ability to ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Ability to provide a warm, welcoming and courteous arrival and departure experience.