A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: To supervise and assist Bell Persons engaged in duties, such as paging, running errands, and giving information. Also to provide prompt and efficient service and to promote a positive image of the hotel and company.
- Calls Bell Persons to escort guests to rooms or perform related services. Instructs workers in procedures regarding requests from guests, utilizing knowledge of hotel facilities and local merchants and attractions.
- Hires, trains, and disciplines as needed all bell staff employees. Determines work schedules and keeps time records.
- Inspects workers for neatness and uniform dress.
- Assists guests in various manners, such as furnishes information, makes reservations, and obtains tickets for guests to social and recreational events or for travel.
- May pick up and bundle guests' laundry for outside cleaning service.
- Ensures proper handling and storage of all guest luggage.
- Supervises courtesy van operations in accordance with hotel and company policy. Ensures the professional appearance of all hotel courtesy vans.
- Ensures that front doors are accessible and not blocked at all times. Knows and enforces all hotel and company safety and emergency procedures. May report suspicious behavior of patrons to hotel security personnel.
- Attends and participates in all monthly front desk meetings.
- Ensures the flag is raised, lowered and handled properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a routine.
- Do the same task over and over, frequently in the same way.
- Plan the work of others.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 6 months bell person or concierge experience.