Radisson Hotel Corning - East Corning, NY
Location: US - NY - East Corning
SUMMARY:The Bell Attendant is primarily responsible for providing warm and friendly interactions with hotel guests. S/he is responsible for maintaining an efficient and effective flow of information with guests, Team Members, managers, housekeeping, and other departments within the hotel.
The Bell Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Area festivals and/or special events.
- Escort incoming guests to rooms.
- Assist guests with luggage.
- Inspect guest room to ensure that it is in order and supplies are replenished.
- Explain features of room such as operation of radio, television, in-room movie system, etc.
- Offer information related to available hotel services, points of interest, and entertainment attractions.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Relay appropriate tourism information to guests.
- Ensure all shift duties are completed.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Bring passion and delight to your guests and peers.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous front office experience preferred
- Two years customer service experience preferred
- Basic computer and telephone skills
- Basic math skills
- Strong command of English
- Other languages helpful
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Skilled in problem solving by identifying the problem and working through it
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs with assistance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing & overhead reaching occasionally
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, cold, snow)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, cold, snow)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.