Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the town of Del Mar, L'Auberge Del Mar is the perfect place to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. After a $26 million renovation introducing award-winning dining options and a cheerful and cozy spa, we're proud to say that the sea has never been this sweet.
Our most important priority is to make L'Auberge Del Mar a successful, enjoyable and progressive place to work. Our associates are our greatest assets and we pledge our best efforts to ensure that every associate is respected as an integral part of the L'Auberge team. Our commitment to excellence ensures a level of service that consistently anticipates and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Our associates take a pro-active approach to provide consistently high standards of personal and attentive service to our guests. L'Auberge embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and nurture an environment where our associates create better ways to do things. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, 401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions, career development programs, exceptional training programs , amenity discounts, Destination Hotel and Resorts discounts, complimentary meals and parking, opportunities for promotion from within, holiday dinner parties, associate recognition programs, associate opinion surveys, paid vacations and holidays. If you want to be challenged, make a difference, and experience a sense of accomplishment, we invite you to learn more about our exciting employment opportunities.
Job OverviewThe Guest Services Agent often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression. S/he is responsible for greeting guests, assisting with luggage, transporting guests on property and assisting in creating wonderful memories for all guests.Essential Functions
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival and departure including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Posted in the lobby when not out on a task
- Keeps record of all arriving/departing and in-house guests
- Be knowledgeable of all tours/groups
- Maintains records for all VIPs, special requests, etc.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Provides accurate directions and resort information for guests
- Upsells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Maintains upkeep of all desk resources, including refilling brochure rack, making copies of flyers when low and keeping desk organized and immaculate
- Arranges bell service for guests
- Schedules travel arrangements for guests
- Assists with luggage storage and retrieval
- Opens car doors for guests
- Valet parks cars
- Maintains knowledge of valet parking lot flow
- Performs special deliveries or errands for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
- Safe. Must have a clean and clear driving record.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
This position is responsible for safely transporting our guests to and from the Del Mar beach!