EDITION is a new, unique, original experience created through a partnership between global hotelier Bill Marriott and world-renowned boutique hotelier, Ian Schrager.
The Miami Beach EDITION, located at 2901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139 is currently hiring a Basement Bowl and Skate- Bar Manager.
Responsibilities include: We believe in creating something that people remember, not just providing a place to stay the night. Our jobs aren’t just about putting drinks on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for another. Instead, we want to build an experience – with drinks on the side. We want our employees to own their space as both a social director and a beverage enthusiast, an innovator and a relationship builder, a multi-tasker and a perfectionist. And we want you to ensure we deliver on this seamlessly. Each and every time.
As the Bar Manager, you are responsible for creating the same experience for our employees that we expect for them to deliver to our guests. You strengthen the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed. You’ll use your passion for your craft and skill in leading others to enable our employees to continually redefine their best and our guests to keep coming back for more. Your knowledge of and relationships in the community help bring the outside in – both in the products we offer and the customers we attract – enabling locals to join in the experience with our guests. All of this focus is to help unlock the potential of the business and drive stellar financial performance. Because when it’s all said and done, you have everything in perfect alignment and deliver the results we need – for our property, our employees, and our guests.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area with previous experience working with luxury Food & Beverage external consultants/business partners and in a beverage nightlife environment.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area with previous experience working with luxury Food & Beverage external consultants/business partners and in a beverage nightlife environment.
Skills and Knowledge
• Being a Brand Champion – Has a deep understanding of the brand and a passion for delivering on brand values that is contagious. Helps others build their knowledge and expertise on target customers and how to successfully execute both brand and operational standards.
• Raising the Bar on Customer Service – Knows what it takes to deliver exceptional service for customers, continually diagnosing and evaluating customer needs so they can be met time and time again. Makes sure that employees provide quality service that produces high levels of guest satisfaction consistently and effectively.
• Acting as a Financial Steward - Determines how money will be spent to get the work done and accounts for expenditures. Knows how to effectively manage and use funds to meet business needs in a way that aligns with brand expectations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Bar/Lounge Operations
• Manage the beverage and food services for on property bars and lounges, and implement steps to reach and achieve necessary results while staying true to brand values.
• This work requires a tremendous amount of control – whether that is local, state, and Federal liquor laws, or company policies, standards, and procedures.
• You are responsible for ensuring the bar is managed appropriately, that the staff is knowledgeable, trained, and compliant in every facet of their job. This extends not only to the liquor itself, but also to the cash and financial information that you and your staff come into contact with, as well as loss prevention and safety. All of these are key to making sure beverage operations are executed flawlessly and are table stakes for everything that follows.
• Implement new concepts and promotions for the bar, adapting as needed to ensure they are consistent with business needs and brand proof points.
• Serve as both a change leader and a change facilitator, championing new ideas and innovative approaches to stay relevant.
• Encourage creativity and take calculated risks to improve business outcomes.
• Take part in crafting and implementing beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
Leading Bar/Lounge Team
• Meet with your team regularly to understand their needs and help them meet their goals. Use those opportunities to set expectations and build brand awareness.
• Partner with employees to build and hold them accountable for achieving business goals, as well as development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
• Create an environment where employees know they are valued, ensuring fair treatment and respect. Build a culture of open communication, spends time with employees on the frontlines, and be available for them (“open door policy”).
• Give the brand a voice and showcase for the team how brand values can be translated into successful business operations. Model a passion for the brand that energizes and inspires employees.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Set the bar/lounge for guest hospitality and beverage services and delivers against them in ways that others want to outdo. Exemplify exceptional guest service and creates a positive and exciting atmosphere for guests.
• Stay on the pulse of what is happening in the property bar/lounge, and in the local area. Meet with guests to get their feedback and use that to continually up the ante on our products, services, events, and offerings.
• Observe our employees and give feedback to ensure we are delivering on our guest promise and brand values consistently.
• Lead by example and acts as the model of the exceptional customer service that the team can follow.
Conducting Human Resource (HR) Activities
• Interview and hire employees with the skills necessary to meet business needs and embody the brand values.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a departmental orientation program to ensure employees understand how to successfully perform their job in line with expectations for the property, function, and brand.
• Follow the performance appraisal process for managers and give them regular feedback on their performance.
• Ensure all property policies are administered fairly and consistently, and bring issues to HR as needed.
• Ensure disciplinary process and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensure training classes are completed successfully and reinforce training concepts and brand values on an ongoing basis.
• Use the Labor Management System to effectively schedule according to business demands and to track employee time and attendance.
To submit your application for this job, please go to: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=16001OBZ&src=JB-10222
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.