Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel’s four story atrium and dating back to the 1870’s.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a
Bartender to work at our beautiful
Tremont House, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Galveston, TX. The bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. He/she must maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Process guests’ checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
• Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
• Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for mixing, portion control and presentation.
• Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
• Be familiar with the computer system.
• Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
• Follow all state liquor laws.
• Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
• Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
• Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
• Stock and clean glassware.
• Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
• Prepare all garnishes.
• Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge areas as needed.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.