Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The Sacramento Marriott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
F&B Director, Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Supervisor
Associates will be required to work day and/or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends. Some overtime may be required.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, prioritize and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Bar, seat, and well numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper bar set-up and dress code of Lounge.
- All beverages, and correct glassware and garnishes.
- Characteristics and description of every wine/champagne “by the glass” selection and all major wines on the wine list.
- All menu and daily special items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Correct maintenance and use of food/beverage serving and preparation equipment.
- Point-of-sale procedures. Follow cash handling procedures as instructed by Accounting.
- All drink measurements and recipes.
- Credit card terminal procedures.
- Ability to keep guests from becoming intoxicated and ability to cease service of alcohol to any guest who may become intoxicated using non-confrontational procedures based on TIPS training.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Check quality and quantity of all bar stock and supplies using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to bar.
- Set bar according to service standards.
- Set up all condiments (garnishes, juices, etc.) and beverages according to standards.
- Prepare all fresh fruit garnishes according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all flatware, glassware, and chinaware for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas.
- Set up side stations with supplies and equipment.
- Seat guests and answer phones. This is a duty of all restaurant associates. Use guest name when possible.
- According to Marriott standards, all guests should be greeted within one minute of being seated.
- Coordinate with other servers/bussers/runners to be sure that someone is present on restaurant floor at all times.
- Provide customer with utensils necessary to have an exceptional dining experience at the bar. Dining at the bar is no excuse to give different service than those guests dining at tables.
- Know the food and beverage menu thoroughly. Be able to explain to guests how every menu item is prepared. Be knowledgeable about daily specials, specials at the bar, happy hour, etc.
- Take Guests’ food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Have full understanding of Micros system. Order items as noted in the system.
- Record orders of Guests into the point of sale system and receive payment following service procedures.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies.
- Make and serve alcoholic beverages for Guests, cocktail and food servers in accordance with service standards.
- Know the procedures to tableside wine service (opening bottles, appropriate glassware, etc.) and cocktail service. Carry a wine key at all times.
- Retrieve food orders from kitchen in the absence of a server.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Mark your tables. If a guest orders a steak, place the steak knife. If they order soup, place a soup spoon.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Bus and set tables, as needed. Do not wait for your busser.
- Perform buffet setup and breakdown when necessary.
- Assist in room service when necessary.
- Make sure servers drinks/wine, etc. are prepared in a timely manner and served properly. Assist servers when needed with the delivery of beverages.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing duties, such as:
- Complete all side work.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock items for next service.
- Remove all dirty bus pans and all trash.
- Prepare daily breakage sheet.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor or Manager on Duty.
- Must be TIPS certified. Follow TIPS training instruction to ensure guest are of legal drinking age and that guests are drinking responsibly. Be diligent about asking for ID. Do not allow guests under 21 to sit at the bar.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as developed, directed or assigned.
- Conduct inventory at the end of the evening shift. Completing requisition for next day’s liquor/wine. Place the requisition with the empty liquor bottles.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.
Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
6 Months Server Experience
1 year: Bartender in a medium to high volume environment
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler