JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Beverage Server is to deliver and serve beverage items in a friendly, courteous and timely manner resulting in guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Learns guest’s names and uses them to address them. Remembers regular guests’ favorite drinks.
- Inspect restaurant and stations before, during and after shift for proper set-up, side work and cleanliness and perform assigned duties with respect to set-up, side work and breakdown of restaurant and stations. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation procedures at all times.
- Maintains communication with Chef. Understands menu prior to opening and is aware of changes during service. Understands timing of various items. Personally conveys any special requests to Chef and Manager.
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items, garnish, contents and preparation methods of Restaurant and Bar. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way
- Accurately take food and beverage orders for Restaurant/Bar, utilize suggestive selling techniques, input order into POS computer system, promptly place orders with bartender and/or kitchen, explain specific guest requests, compile order (including proper garnishes, side orders and condiments), deliver and serve order to guest, replenish beverages and clear table as guest finishes drinks and/or meal.
- Regularly checks back with guest, anticipate guest needs and promptly act to resolve any problems or guest complaints. Apprise management of all guest complaints and operational problems, even those that have been resolved.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with established techniques for quality service, appearance, temperature and portions; carry trays containing food, beverages, coffee pots, pitchers of beverages, service ware carefully through crowded areas.
- Responsible for profitable bar cost by accurate measurement of product; Measure all drinks properly using a jigger. No free pouring
- Promptly present check to guest. Understand and adhere to all cash, credit, guest check and tip reporting procedures.
- Adhere to all regulations concerning the handling, storage and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer Restaurant telephone, and answer caller questions.
- Possess a strong knowledge of alcoholic beverages, service standards and etiquette
- Possess knowledge of service ware and food and beverage equipment used in the preparation of beverages and side dishes
- Controls operation of his/her station. Insures proper execution of service between team members.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Interested, qualified candidates should apply online at www.jhmhotels.com . Online applications are required for consideration.
JHM Hotels is an equal employment opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offers of employment.