Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
(FULL TIME) Must be available:
Greet guests/members and; takes orders, prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and light meals for servers and/or guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner, according to Company guidelines, and by following standard recipes for traditional cocktails and specialty drinks. Maintains stock, supplies, and cleanliness of bar area and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
1. Maintains complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, wines, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available at the designated station. Makes recommendations as requested. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
2. Greets guests/members and provides guests/members with a positive and friendly environment with the best possible guest experience, while maintaining a professional demeanor and distance. Upholds high service standards of resort/hotel/club.
3. Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis including stocking liquor, beer, wine, juices, soft drinks, garnishments, condiments and glassware.
4. Maintains complete knowledge of all resort/hotel/club services, features, events and local attractions/activities to provide accurate responses to guest/member inquiries.
5. Maintains the cleanliness of the bar area by disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning of glassware, and wiping down bar.
6. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines. Completes required training as scheduled.
7. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Bartending experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
2. Possess a strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Must have extensive knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drink preparation
3. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction
4. Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
5. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and POS computer systems used at the hotel.
6. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
7. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
8. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
9. Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
10. Must know all applicable health standards.
11. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Balboa Bay Resort is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify User.