Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Reports To: Restaurant Manager and Director of Restaurants
To create 100% Guest Satisfaction by providing beverage service to bar and restaurant guests
Indicators of Success:
Customer satisfaction & loyalty goals (Complaints per Thousand, Comment Cards, annual quality review)
Areas of Responsibility:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing "Can Do" attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
* Performs other duties as required to provide "Can Do" attitude genuine hospitality
Provides prompt quality service to customers of banquet bar by preparing beverages and serving guests in accordance with Hilton standards
* Provides service by suggesting a cocktail/wine or non-alcoholic beverage, recommending promotional items and upselling to premium products as appropriate
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes and mixing procedures
* Maintains knowledge of bar inventory and wine selection to respond properly to customer questions
* Prepares drinks in accordance with the guest's order
* Stocks and orders all supplies and glassware; displays beverages in an attractive fashion
Adheres to legal and/or Hilton policies and standards
* Understands and follows the laws and guidelines for beverage service
* Handles cash, checks and/or credit cards in accordance with Hilton policies
Focus On the Customer Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customer and meet and exceed the needs of both the customer and the company.
Attend to Detail Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively... Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills... Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Point of Sale Skilled in utilization of point of sale systems and/or other back-of the house systems.
Upselling Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives.
-Previous Bartending experience a must
-Hotel Experience a plus
-Server Experience a plus.
-High school diploma a must, college degree preferred.
RequiredMICROS Advanced Behaviors
2 years: Bartender
Licenses & Certifications
HI TB Clearance
HI Liquor License