A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working in a hospitality environment and providing outstanding service to customers on a consistent basis? Do you have a pro-active nature and an "I can help you" attitude and enjoy working with a team that appreciates it? Do you enjoy a variety of activities, are fast thinking and possess good follow through skills to ensure the job is done right?
If the answer is "Yes", then Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is looking for you!
We are seeking a part-time bartender for our restaurant and pool bar.
- Provides exceptional guest service; preparing cocktails and/or beverages to guest specifications.
- Describes all bar items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Must have extensive knowledge of all bar/menu items.
- Works with guests to accommodate special requests and special dietary needs.
- Up sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Performs pre- and post-shift sidework; set-up, breakdown, condiments, roll-ups etc.
- Responds to guest inquiries and special requests promptly to ensure guest satisfaction; notifies supervisor of guests' complaints and unusual situations.
- Cash handling/ balance bank at the end of each shift and calculating tip outs.
- Prior bartending experience; hotel environment preferred
- Prior guest service experience, preferably in food and beverage
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current California Food Handler card
- Responsible Beverage Certified (TiPS)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Physical aspects of position include but are not limited to:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds, as well as serve food items and beverages.
- Review and comprehend necessary documentation.
- Stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Frequently walk and/or stand; effectively and efficiently move throughout the resort, bar and the kitchen area.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.