Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Prepares and services beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and
professional manner by following standard recipes for traditional cocktails and specialty
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepares drinks for the guests and servers following standard recipes for cocktails
and specialty drinks and practicing prudent portion control.
2. Provides guests a fun and high-energy environment with the best possible dining
experience, while maintaining a professional distance. Upholds high service
standards of resort/hotel.
3. Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis including
requisitioning and stocking liquor, beer, wine, juices, soft drinks, garnishments,
condiments and glassware. Opens and closes bar according to standard operating
4. Describes wines, beers and spirits served and make recommendations as
requested. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability. Works with
guests to accommodate special requests and dietary needs.
5. Handles cash, charge, room and credit card transactions accurately and in
accordance with company policies and procedures. Balances the bank at end of
each shift and calculates tip outs.
6. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department
7. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate
action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of
risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and
care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team
member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment
that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's
Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Two years bartending experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
2. Possess a strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service
standards, guest relations and etiquette. Maintains extensive knowledge of all menu
and bar items.
3. Must have extensive knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drink preparation.
4. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to
use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high
level of guest satisfaction.
5. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and POS computer systems used at the
6. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read,
write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and
communicate with guests.
8. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required
to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules
will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
9. Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS®
(Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled
upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and
ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
10. Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local
laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol to
minors and intoxicated patrons.
11. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Doubletree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.