Bartender - Aloft San Francisco Airport
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Location: US - CA - Millbrae
The Restaurant Bartender prepares and serves beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare drinks for guests and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and talk to guests.
- Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages.
- Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
- Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits.
- Utilize a POS (Point of Sale) System to enter food and drink orders.
- The restaurant/bar is a team oriented environment and this position may be required to assist in other areas of the restaurant as needs arise.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Basic food/beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Waterton policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Professional, warm demeanor – service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year of high volume bar experience required. Prior hotel/restaurant experience preferred.
- TIPS Certification required. Must be minimum age to serve alcohol according to state specific regulations.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO