Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Process guests' checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
• Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
• Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for mixing, portion control and presentation.
• Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
• Be familiar with the computer system.
• Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
• Follow all state liquor laws.
• Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
• Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
• Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
• Stock and clean glassware.
• Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
• Prepare all garnishes.
• Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge areas as needed.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year progressive experience in a hotel or related field required. Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Experience with POS - MICROS.
- Four Diamond hospitality experience highly desirable.
- ServSafe certification. Previous bartending experience helpful.
Flexible and long hours sometimes required. Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to stand for the entire shift. Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in extreme heat.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)