To provide prompt, efficient and friendly service and provide an outstanding bar service to every guest. The Bartender will maintain a clean, neat and safe work area. . The Bartender will also serve as the frontline representative for our Bar. They must possess strong customer service skills and exhibit a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- High School or GED; college degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow directions.
- Availability to work variable hours.
- Ability to handle stress with ease and solve problems.
- Ability to work while standing, walking, carrying items for extended periods.
- One + years’ experience as Bartender in a high volume, upscale Hotel or free standing Lounge environment preferred.
- Good food and service and beverage knowledge preferred.
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to stand stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Thorough knowledge of alcoholic beverages, cocktail recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service; legal aspects of alcoholic beverage service (Any required Certifications or ability to obtain)
- Maintains current knowledge of all popular alcoholic beverages and cocktail recipes
- Prepares all necessary mixers and garnishes prior to start of service and during service as needed
- Sets up bar service area with all necessary supplies prior to start of service "Mis en Place"
- Cleans and restocks glassware throughout shift
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner according to ensure proper service standards
- Determines guest’s needs and suggestively up-sells beverages so as to enhance the guest experience
- Records all aspects of guest order accurately and enters them into computer
- Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to order upon request
- Serves guest in a polite, professional manner
- Monitors guest to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of bar service area at all times
- Prepares and presents accurate record of guest charges
- Collects monies due and or applies charges to guest account using POS terminal
- Completes end of shift revenue report and cash deposit
- Inventories all beverages and operating supplies, orders replacement items as needed
- Performs all closing duties, secures all inventory and supplies
- Performs Bar Back duties as needed
- Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees
- Attends appropriate meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
Maintain open communication with management and other employees. Be well organized and efficient.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V