Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY: The Restaurant Bartender is primarily responsible for serving properly mixed drinks to guests, table and dining room clean up, and providing support in all areas of the restaurant. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Restaurant Server will work with the Restaurant Manager and fellow staff members to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Restaurant Bartender shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knows and applies federal, state, and local laws governing the service of alcoholic beverages, as well as the hotel's policies regarding liquor service and liability.
- Gathers all needed supplies and equipment for the bar set-up.
- Sets up the bar according to hotel standards and maintains it during the shift.
- Performs necessary side work.
- Reports tips for each pay period.
- Serves properly mixed drinks to guests.
- Reports to the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager on time and in full uniform for each shift. Obtains Manager's approval prior to punching out.
- Runs tabs, computes guest checks, operates the computerized cash register system, and accepts payments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Accredited bartender certificate preferred.
- Previous advanced bartending experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of wine and parings preferred.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant service and pleasant attitude
- Neat, clean, person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus.
- Fluency in other languages beneficial