JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Bartender is to oversee the entire bar operation, including, but not limited to, the service of all beverage items, food items and cashier duties following both JHM and the Franchise standards, while ensuring guest satisfaction by providing friendly and courteous service.
Essential Job Functions
- Learns guest’s names and uses them to address them. Remembers regular guests favorite drinks.
- Thoroughly and correctly sets up the bar or lounge prior to opening and cleans at end of shift according to JHM and Franchisors operational policies and standards to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.
- Does all necessary side-work as per schedule, this includes stocking and organize all liquor, juices, glassware, paper, wines, cut fruit etc.
- Is knowledgeable about all menu items and beverages served, their garnish, contents and preparation methods; is aware of all daily specials and “86” items. Can answer guest’s questions regarding such with confidence and accuracy.
- Greets guests promptly at bar within two minutes. Takes orders, mixes and serves drinks to guests. Checks for proper identification when necessary.
- Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to increase check averages.
- Takes order accurately and follows proper procedures in completing guest checks and submitting information into lounge POS system.
- Check guest order prior to serving to insure that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Serve guest order promptly according to service standards. Returns as appropriate to ensure all of guest’s needs are being met and to suggestively sell other items.
- To receive payment for all food and beverage checks and to record all charge tips and other paid-outs as appropriate to ensure proper handling of financial assets.
- Pre-busses and busses all tables as per lounge standards and prepares for future customers.
- To take and know inventory at all times and requisition daily supplies as needed to ensure efficient operation of lounge.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Everify Employer. All applicants are subject to a background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.