Hotel 1000 consists of 120 guest rooms, approximately 12,000 square feet of meeting space, a full-service spa, virtual Golf Club, and a new seafood restaurant concept emerging September 2017. The property is located in the heart of downtown Seattle, steps from the waterfront along Elliott Bay, and conveniently centered near Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, the business district and lively and historic Pioneer Square
- Maintains current knowledge of all popular alcoholic beverages and cocktail recipes
- Prepares all necessary mixers and garnishes prior to start of service and during service as needed
- Sets up bar service area with all necessary supplies prior to start of service "Mis en Place"
- Cleans and restocks glassware throughout shift
- Conduct daily par level inventory at the bar
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner according to Loews standards
- Determines guests needs and suggestively up-sells beverages so as to enhance the guest experience
- Records all aspects of guest order accurately and enters them into computer
- Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to order upon request
- Serves guest in a polite, professional manner according to Loews Standards
- Monitors guest to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One + years’ experience as Bartender in a high volume, upscale Hotel or free standing Lounge environment, and/or certification from a State bartending academy
- Thorough knowledge of alcoholic beverages, cocktail recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service; legal aspects of alcoholic beverage service (TIPS Certified or ability to obtain)
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to stand stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V