Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is seeking a Bartender to join our team. Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is a Four-Diamond hotel, luxury 340 room hotel with 25,000 square feet of meeting/function space, and Mason's Restaurant and Mason's Bar. For more information about Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com.
The Bartender is a part of the Mason's Bar Team. This Team Member provides courteous, professional preparation of beverages for guests and Beverage Servers, prepares high quality beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, takes orders and serves guests according to Loews Standards and all Local and State legal guidelines.
- Maintains current knowledge of all popular alcoholic beverages and cocktail recipes
- Prepares all necessary mixers and garnishes prior to start of service and during service as needed
- Sets up bar service area with all necessary supplies prior to start of service "Mis en Place"
- Cleans and restocks glassware throughout shift
- Conduct daily par level inventory at the bar
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner according to Loews standards
- Determines guests needs and suggestively up-sells beverages so as to enhance the guest experience
- Records all aspects of guest order accurately and enters them into computer
- Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to order upon request
- Serves guest in a polite, professional manner according to Loews Standards
- Monitors guest to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of bar service area at all times
- Prepares and presents accurate record of guest charges
- Collects monies due and or applies charges to guest account using POS terminal
- Completes end of shift revenue report and cash deposit
- Inventories all beverages and operating supplies, orders replacement items as needed
- Performs all closing duties, secures all inventory and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of alcoholic beverages, cocktail recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service; legal aspects of alcoholic beverage service (ABC Certified or ability to obtain)
- Exceptional guest service and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Math skills
- Ability to stand stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include AM, PM shifts and weekends and holidays (Lunch, Dinner, Late Night)
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V