Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
Thank you for your interest in Market by Jean-Georges and the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. In 2014, Shangri-La Vancouver was voted the #1 City Hotel by Travel and Leisure magazine. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only seven Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating. Market By Jean-Georges competes with the city’s best, having been honoured with 4 Diamonds from AAA.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That's why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding. It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a superstar Mixologist to join our team in Market by Jean-Georges. Our ideal candidate would have an eye for detail, a passion for creativity and flair, and the ability to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. In short, their beverage creations extend well beyond the fourth diamond. The ideal candidate may bring previous experience in the industry from another world class Hotel or resort or high-calibre bar, lounge or restaurant. They’d be a consummate hospitality professional who creates captivating moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
Check us out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEQu_EO37yk
- Technology proficiency– Operates and maintains all equipment, fully competent with Micros POS
- Cocktail knowledge is required. Wine knowledge an asset.
- Enhanced customer service skills and ability to connect with our guests.
- Previous fine dining, upscale lounge or luxury hotel service knowledge and training
- Previous work experience in a similar capacity is required
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must possess Serving it Right (Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification)