Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
This position is FLEXIBLE (AM & PM) shifts and FULL TIME.
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Lobby Bar Bartender sets up, prepares and serves beverages and breaks down bars in safe and efficient compliance with Company policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up bar in compliance with policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Prepare and serve drinks following policies and procedures, proper food handling and serving techniques, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Maintain clean bar and ashtrays including proper removal of trash, empty glasses, etc.
- Thoroughly clean bar and properly return equipment and supplies to proper areas at end of shift.
- Ensure all liquor is properly secured before, during and after shift.
- Perform assigned side-work.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus bartending training. One or more years of related experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Knowledge of and ability to properly prepare mixed drinks and other beverages. Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling and serving techniques and with federal, state and local serving regulations. Ability to process cash handling, credit card and room charge transactions in compliance with policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job and it is performed inside with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks that requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The physical requirements include extended walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 pounds. While performing job duties, the associate is required to listen, speak and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.