Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Part Time position in Resort cafe Blend.
Position Summary: Provides customers with prompt service, quality beverages and food products. Maintains clean and comfortable store environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Helps guests select food and beverages by providing information about available selections. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
2. Prepares quality products including coffee and non-coffee beverages with the use of an espresso machine, blenders and other equipment assisting in beverage preparation. Prepares food items according to recipes.
3. Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash, credit card, or room accounts. Accurately counts and provides change to customers as
required. Balances all payment methods with accuracy to sales report.
4. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
5. Maintains the cleanliness of the work areas. Keeps area stocked.
6. Provide guests a high level dining experience, while maintaining a professional distance and staying alert to their needs.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. One year food service or Barista experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
2. Possess a basic knowledge of food and coffee preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
3. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
5. Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and work under pressure of serving multiple guests at once.
6. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
7. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
8. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
9. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.