At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Barista is responsible for providing prompt, courteous service for the guest.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Coffee shop experience preferred.
* High volume experience.
* Good food and service knowledge.
* Extensive coffee and tea knowledge.
* Pleasant personality.
* Excellent communication skills.
1. Interact with guests to take drink and food orders.
2. Communicate with kitchen for food ordering.
3. Ensure prompt delivery of beverage & food to the guest.
4. Have working knowledge of coffee, tea, blended drinks and food that is served in a coffee shop environment. Able to suggest coffee blended drinks.
5. Handle all checks and cash according to procedures.
6. Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
7. Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants.
1. Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
2. Help out in other areas of the hotel, including seating guests.