Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
You are meticulous. And working with figures and handling cash is a snap. You also appreciate the importance of accuracy and the value of your role, because an incorrect check can blemish an otherwise perfect evening. You enjoy being a part of a cohesive team and when the day ends, feel good about your contribution. If this rings true with you, then you may want to consider a Restaurant Cashier position with Interstate, where qualities such as these are valued and recognized.
BASIC PURPOSE: Effectively promote, take and deliver food and beverage orders.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:1. Accurately and quickly take and place all food orders with the kitchen, according to the prescribed procedure. A Hyatt restaurant barista will engage in casual conversation and create the restaurant experience by their style and service attributes. Has knowledge of products and specifications. Knows and uses service and merchandising techniques described in this guide. Greets guests warmly with a smile and eye contact. Promotions additional sales. Checks for table setting completeness. Describes menu additions to guests (25%)
2. Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of all items. Picks up, garnishes, and serves food prepared in kitchen, and liquor prepared in lounge/service bar. Offers and provides condiments. After serving each course, checks back with guest for satisfaction. Serves coffee, tea, or other beverages and removes dishes and silverware, as party is finished. Assists co-workers in keeping station supplied in condiments, sugar, coffee, tea,
3. Prepare and deliver beverage and dessert orders as required. Controls the amount of alcohol served, so that guests do not become intoxicated. Helps promote a safe and clean environment for co-workers and guests (10%)
4. Check food to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct and deliver food orders in a timely fashion. (25%)
5. Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest before their departure, always securing the checks with name, room number, guest name or credit cards if required/ not a hotel guest. (20%)
6. Collect payment from the guest while still performs assigned side work. (10%)Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)1. Clean, clear and reset dining room tables.2. Assist in seating and greeting the guest.3. Clean and restock service items. A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. Refined verbal communication skills. Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Shows up to work at the scheduled time ,early am shifts Must have knowledge of coffee drinks Being able to multi taskKnowledge and Skills:Education: Ability to read and write EnglishExperience: One year server experience helpful but not requiredSkills and Abilities: Communication and hospitality skills (English required)TIPs trainable - Ability to work Micros computer systemPOSITION REQUIREMENTS:1. Has a warm, friendly and hospitable personality.2. Has good people skills; is able to communicate and work well with others.3. Is able to deal with difficult guests in a professional, calm manner.4. Has working knowledge of cash handling.5. Has legible handwriting.6. Has a simple arithmetic skill.7. Has coordination.8. Ability to organize and remember details (food and drink orders, and all pricing).9. Understands ramifications of third party liability.10. Is well groomed.