The Bar Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service in the Bar and Beverage Outlets. He/she is also responsible for assisting the director with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
Duties & functions:
- Ensure all supplies are stocked and ready for service.
- Ensure drink recipes are being followed.
- Ensure that the bar area is neat and clean.
- Conduct opening and closing checklist.
- Prepare daily closing accounting documents, bank drops, etc
- Provide a safe and fun environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group
- Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.