The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.Job Description
The Banquets Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Banquets department in all administrative duties relevant to the daily banquet operations.Responsibilities
- Answer all office telephone lines and general radio dispatching. Filter all information that is received. Determine and ensure information is sent to the proper person or persons. Follow up.
- Double check 10-day with BEO book to make sure all event orders are in the book and ready for work week, and ready to do the schedule.
- Add changes and guarantees to event orders accurately based on email, change log, ect. and make any necessary adjustments to staffing. Ensure all information is transferred accurately. Transpose Pre-Con notes.
- To keep current, all files, reader files, status changes, personnel requisitions and employee posters, vacation, leave (eg. Medical Leave) open positions, termination paperwork, purchase order checkbook, and gratuity posting.
- To keep all reports, memos and all correspondence required of the Banquet department, current and up to date. Distribute and log assignments, departmental and employee files. File daily BEOs, audit checks and resumes.
- Order supplies for the department and special needs for Managers.
- Create forms, templates and documents. Data entry.
- Maintain BEO book. Ensure it is organized before attending the meeting. Pick up the BEO distributions daily as needed.
- Attend BEO, resume and safety committee meetings.
- Maintain Director of Banquets calendar.
- Keeping and writing incident reports, Time saver reports, and other reports on staff, including documentation when necessary.
- Creating food, beverage, wine, directional and door signage, table numbers, menus and tents and any other client requests.
- Coordinate communication with other departments.
- Checking off the office logbook and making sure all tasks for the day are done. Assign captain closing duties.
- Create Timesaver reports, payroll adjustments, maintaining sign in/sign out forms.
- Maintaining employee information.
- Updating Man Hours per cover records each week.
- Sourcing captains in Delphi to enable them to complete checks.
- Greet new hires after orientation and walk them through the department, give them step by step direction on what the department rules are and any other information relevant to their position.
- Making food, beverage, wine, and directional signage, table numbers, pre-con name tents and any other client requests.
- Prepare daily function orders for Director of F&B, Banquet Manager, Supervisors, Captains, Coffee Breaks and Beverage.
- Write down on a board next day’s functions with all servers names.
- Checking off the office logbook and making sure all tasks for the day are done.
- Ability to type 60 WPM and file
- Must have prior experience in food and beverage or hospitality, preferrably in a 4 diamond resort.
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Hot schedules or scheduling is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work load
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.