Casa Monica Resort & Spa
Location: US - FL - St. Augustine
Under direction of banquet captain provides set up and break down as well as service for banquet operations as asssigned for Casa Monica Hotel. With banquet captain, ensure all banquet events are set up according to EO specifications service. The utilty person moves all Tables Chairs and Linens for each event as well as setting up audio visual equipment when required. The utility person also provides service during events through the captain as well as with guest interaction. The utility person is responsible for the care and maintenance of banquet areas and equipment.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Minimum 1 year Banquet set up experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent - preferred
- TIPS training and GFSF certification preferred or attained within 30 days - required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Banquet service Standards
- Able to lift and carry 60 lbs regularly
- Ability to read floor diagrams to determine proper layout of banquet room
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of time will be spent standing, walking and carrying items
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 60 lbs, reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather including heat and cold