Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Banquet Supervisor Hourly
Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized company providing management, acquisition, and development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt, and Carlson. Headquartered the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest-spanning our business in the major cities across 10 states.
Our company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG’s strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic leader to join our team as a Banquet Supervisor. The Banquet Supervisor will work closely with the hotel’s Food and Beverage Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up.
* Supervise clean up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
* Supervise banquet service operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with policy and procedure while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
* Assist in the long and short-term planning and day-to-day operations of the banquet department.
* Recommend policy and procedural changes.
* Analyze BEO’s, communicate effectively with customers, managers and associates to ensure that all room set-ups , equipment, supplies, and organize workflow to ensure an quality event to customers on a daily basis.
* Support company programs and resolve daily, operational problems through consistent monitoring of banquet operations to ensure compliance with safety and security regulations and to ensure optimal level of service quality and hospitality.
* Supervise banquet staff to retain and motivate associates, train, develop and empower, coach, and counsel.
* Participate in all special projects, task forces and committees as requested.
* Check staff attendance according to schedules, in order to provide quality service during functions.
* Train banquet set-up staff and illustrate the proper techniques and etiquette of set room and guest interaction.
* Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of a function with the kitchen, service, beverage, sales and catering, housekeeping and engineering staffs, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
* Responsible for Hotel Audio Visual to include but limited to set-up, operation and inventory.
* Assist in Banquet Bartending Duties as needed.
* Assist in Cost Control including labor with primary focus of labor control.
* Attend all department meetings
* Assist servers with the execution of events according to the event order and quality standards
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace
* Requires good communications skills, both verbal and written
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on regular bases
* Requires, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Prior banquetl and supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to work calmly under stressful situations
* Maintain a high level of guest satisfaction is in absolute requirement for this position.
* Availability to work flexible schedules including morning, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Knowledge of appropriate table setting and service-ware.
* Basic Math skills
* Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a function
* Ability to set realistic goals and standards.