Banquet Steward (Part-Time)
The Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel is seeking Part-Time Banquet Steward to join our team. Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury, 556 room hotel with 50,000 square feet meeting space. For more information about the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/chicago-ohare-hotel.
Banquet Steward is responsible for handling all banquet functions and making sure all food is delivered from kitchen to Banquet functions and maintaining proper sanitation controls in line with Health Inspection, and any other sanitation controls set by hotel for F&B areas.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Prepare break down station with the necessary glass rack, plate carts and bins for silverware
- Prepare all requisition for silverware a day in advance
- Always maintain proper sanitation control
- Report to Supervisor/Manager any maintenance issue or any issue with damage equipment
- Execute emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Power-wash all carts, hotboxes and any assigned areas as requested
- Assure that all equipment is collected and delivered to the dish rooms
- Assure that all areas pertaining to breakdown are clear of all equipment and food items (these areas are to be swept and mopped after every function and event, trash is to be removed)
- All silverware, glassware, china, pots and dishware are to be stored in their designated areas
- All assigned areas must be cleaned before ending shift
- Assure that all area of preparation is restocked
- Complete job tasks as assigned by management. Report to manager/supervisor for any additional tasks
- Attend all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Remain current with hotel information and changes
- Comply with hotel rules and policies at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate, have initiative, teamwork, and be prompt.
- People skills, internal/external customer service, and communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to communicate with people within the department is necessary.
- Multitasking and clear penmanship (so work may be interpreted correctly)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to exert physical effort in the transporting of equipment such as queen Marie loaded with supplies, dishes, glassware, silverware, etc
- This position requires a great deal of attention to detail. Assignments must be done within the specified time constraints
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V