Banquet Sous Chef
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Location: US - MD - Linthicum
The Banquet Sous Chef has a solid knowledge of food and passionate to develop their management skills within the hotel industry, have creativity and flair and the ability to provide guidance to others and are able to demonstrate good business acumen and a strong work ethic. The position also requires continuous standing for up to 8 or more hrs per shift and the ability to lift up to 50lbs. Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays. An outgoing personality and a can-do approach to any task. The role is required to have four to six years of operational kitchen experience with a diversity of culinary experience. Supervisory and management experience is required.
1.Supervise the daily production of food for all the catered events; control food and labor costs, ensure preparation, plating and presentation standards are maintained, the appropriate quantity of food is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed to provide top quality food. (40%)
2. Supervise banquet kitchen employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline, as appropriate. Help general kitchen when needed. (20%)
3. Analyze Banquet Event Orders, plan and coordinate the functions with the Catering staff to ensure the events meet/exceed customer expectations. (20%)
4. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations. (10%)
5. Assist in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business. (5%)
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required. (5%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: One or two years of post-high school education. College degree preferably specializing culinary
Experience: Experience required by position is from two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities: Requires thorough knowledge of the catering and food profession in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work.
Requires knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
Requires supervision/management skills.
Requires oral and written communication skills.