Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
Banquet Sous Chef
Culinary - All
Wylie Inn and Conference Center at Endicott
Situated on a picturesque stretch of the Atlantic Coast on Boston’s North Shore, the Wylie Inn and Conference Center at Endicott College offers newly designed, well-appointed accommodations, a state-of-the-art conference center, and an elegant social event venue, Tupper Manor. The center is 20 miles north of Boston, close to historic downtown Salem, scenic Cape Ann, shopping, museums, and more. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group and the Wylie Inn and Conference Center can mean for you!
Experienced Banquet Sous Chef, reports to the Executive Chef of the Wylie Inn and Conference Center at Endicott College.
Direct supervision of day to day operation of all banquet functions and Cafe. This position, in addition to being an intragal part of the banquet operation also oversees the Fountain Cafe.
Fountain Cafe responsibilities include training staff to provide a quality service and food presentation. Maintain all safety and cleanliness standards required. At times fill in as staff member when open positions or businss levels require.
• Need to understand the concepts and have the experience of interacting within a professional kitchen.
• Follows instructions and understand the philosophy of the Executive Chef and carry out those ideas, stressing them to associates.
• To deal with other individuals (cooks, stewards), on a one to one basis, instructing and guiding them in their jobs.
• Ensures quality eye appeal, taste and monitors them daily.
• Controls cleanliness, sanitation throughout the kitchen, walk ins and ensures proper rotation of foods.
• Implements new menus and sees to its proper implementations.
• Maintain accurate administrative records on a timely basis and complete projects on time.
• Ability to work in an organized fashion.
• Ability to train and develop future culinary staff.
• Ability to work in a pro-active fashion.
• Daily walk through all kitchens, walk-ins for proper rotation of food and sanitation.
• Daily routine check of quality of food products.
• Organize proper recipe file and keep updated.
Apprentice program or CIA graduate preferred. Minimums of 3 years experience in a hotel or restaurant with high volume in catering/banquets.
Able to give direction to manage, train and supervise. Knowledge of all basic skills such as butchering, sauces, soups cooking of meat, fish and vegetables.
Track record of excellent work performance, reliable, punctual. ServeSafe certified.
Qualified candidates please apply at:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: