WHY WE LOVE LINCOLN, NEBRASKA:
� Honored to be selected as one of the top five “Best Places to Work” in 2017 among large companies in Lincoln!
� Click to watch this quick 1.45 minute video -- why we LOVE living in Lincoln, Nebraska! https://youtu.be/sgZU7jpreHs “Live.Love.Lincoln.”
� 2016: Top Best Places to Live per Livability Ranking: #48/#100
� 2016: Best Places to Retire according to Forbes
VIDEO TOUR OF THE LINCOLN MARRIOTT CORNHUSKER HOTEL:
THE MARCUS CORPORATION
We are committed to creating Marcus Magic by delivering extraordinary service to our guests and associates, the first time and every time. Marcus Magic helps exceed guest expectations and consistently deliver a quality experience for our all guests. Marcus Magic makes our guest want to come back again and again...and makes our associates want to stay and work on our team.
WHAT IS MARCUS MAGIC?
It's about creating a place where people can get up in the morning and look forward to going to work. It’s about creating a place where our guests can come home to. It’s creating the feeling for each guest that they are in the right place at the right time. We are in the business of creating memories!
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
1. Aside of the Marcus Magic culture, associates also receive a very competitive pay rate
2. Free associate meal is provided each shift greater than 6 hours
4. Excellent employee discounts
5. Full Time benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Marcus Stock purchase plan, Paid Time Off: (6) Company Paid Holidays
6. The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
To ensure appropriate set-up of Banquet rooms in accordance with guest specifications and Marcus’ standards of quality.
SPEICAL SHIFT NOTES:
Each week the schedules is based on setup needs for various customer events (most often we have 20-30 hours per week, however some quiet weeks we have zero payroll hours for this team if there are no guest events booked for that week). This team must be dependable and reliable, provide availably to assist with meeting the demands of a 24 hour operation with flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays. Ability to work under pressure.
1. Maintain condition and cleanliness of banquet facilities by cleaning, vacuuming, and shampooing carpets.
2. Set up banquet spaces as required per Banquet Event Order (BEO).Provide service to customers as required per contract.
3. Perform breakdown of function rooms.
4. Assist in serving as needed.
5. Read and understand set-up requirements and Event Orders (EO).
6. Organize, control and restock linen room and supplies.
7. Organize and control inventory and storage.
8. Attend all scheduled mandatory Banquet Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
9. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. Prior hospitality and/or customer service experience preferred.
2. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
3. Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
3. Knowledge of appropriate table settings and proper set-up preferred.
4. Dependable and reliable to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation with flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
7. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
8. Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 100 lbs.
9. Ability to stand and move throughout continuously to perform essential job functions.
10. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
11. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
Apply now for immediate consideration! We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F / D / V