Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic leader to join our team as a Banquet Server. The Banquet Server will work closely with the hotel’s F&B staff.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up.
* Clean up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
* Assist in banquet service operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with policy and procedure.
* Follow the required set-up as stated on the BEO’s, ensuring that all room set-ups , equipment, supplies, are set to standards to ensure an quality event to customers on a daily basis.
* Support company programs and resolve daily, operational problems through consistent monitoring of banquet operations to ensure compliance with safety and security regulations and to ensure optimal level of service quality and hospitality..
* Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of a function with managers and supervisors, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
* Assist in the setup of Hotel Audio Visual to include but limited to set-up and operation
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Performs other duties as required to provide genuine hospitality
* Attend all department meetings
* Assist servers with the execution of events according to the event order and quality standards
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Ability to stand for hours at a time.
* Availability to work flexible work schedules including morning, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds consistently.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Focus on the Customer – Seek to understand the (internal / external) customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
* Fosters Teamwork - work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance
* Communicate Effectively - clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action
* Build Strong Relationships - Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER