Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.The Banquet Set-Up Supervisor sets up, breaks down, and stores banquet equipment. Prepares and cleans function rooms and related service areas in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Leads co-workers in accomplishing assigned duties. Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be familiar with the various types of workable setups for each function room. Review the Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and shift duties with management.
- Lead set-up staff in efficient and correct set up of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment according to BEO specifications while adhering to standards of job safety. Check electrical hook-ups for proper working order and tape down all exposed cords for equipment in use. Check temperature and see if all lights are working and adjusted properly. Check completed function room and service area for set-up accuracy and cleanliness.
- If assigned, set-up audio visual equipment according to required specifications. Meet with guests to review audio visual set-up. Make any necessary changes and correct any equipment problems. Instruct guest on proper use of equipment.
- Lead set-up staff in refreshing rooms during breaks.
- Lead set-up staff in efficient and correct breakdown and storage of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment while adhering to job safety.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- Receive and deliver guests boxes/packages for functions.
- Properly maintain, store and secure banquet equipment.
- Perform periodic deep cleaning of banquet areas.
- Assist banquet servers as needed.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.Education and Experience:
- High school education plus two or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification, audio visual set-up experience and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper set-up, maintenance, breakdown and storage of banquet equipment. Ability to lead co-workers in accomplishing assigned duties.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skiills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.