Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
Banquet Set-up Houseperson is responsible for the set up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space.
Please note: This position requires heavy work. You must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally & 50 pounds of force frequently.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
• Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
• Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
• Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
• Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
• Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
• Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
• Notify management of any hazards.
• Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.